Sunday, March 2, 2008

Feeling Sick and Writing

It's just not possible. You just can't be sick and write quality pieces. I have tried and all I end up doing is going back and rewriting practically everything I wrote. Not only that, it took me forever to write the article. I have to stop and force myself to concentrate and then force myself to try to get it out on the screen.

Yesterday, I was at the coffee shop doing some work. On the way, I started feeling the migraine aura I usually have right before a whopper of a headache. I took some Tylenol and had a Carmel Macchiato but to no avail, the migraine hit like a ton of bricks. DARN. I had big plans for my time at the coffee shop. I wanted to get ahead for the week. My head had other plans. I tried to write anyway but like I said, it took me forever and half the time I could not really see what I was writing.

Finally, I just gave up and came home. The whole night I tried every home remedy I could think of and took more Tylenol. I passed out around 9:00 (after Kings of Queens) and that was it for my "productive" day.

The good news is that after my migraines, I have a rush of motivation. That means I get more done than I can on normal days. I think it has something to do with being OUT for a day or two and needing to do something with all of my energy.

The lesson of the day is if you're sick, it's better to just give up and get well. You will not do your best work and it will take you twice as long to do your work. When you feel well, you can come back refreshed and ready to get all the work you need to do and then some.

No comments:

 
Serenity Blogger Template