Monday, March 24, 2008

Quotes on Writing

I have always loved quotes and would write them often in high school. I haven't written quotes in a long time but I still like to read them. Here are some of my favorite quotes on writing.

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium. ~Norbet Platt

Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say. ~Sharon O'Brien

Writer's block is a disease for which there is no cure, only respite. ~Laurie Wordholt

My favorite:

If you have something to say and no one is around to hear it, write it down.

I saw this on a journal at the bookstore - I will have to add who said this next time I go.

What are some of your favorite writing quotes?

No comments:

 
Serenity Blogger Template