Saturday, March 15, 2008

What is Your Blog Style?

When looking for a blog, what do you like? You know, a blog you add to your list you check religiously. After looking through several blogs, I found there are certain things I look for in a freelance writing blog. I guess you could call it my blog style.

Personality

I like blogs in which the person writes like he or she is talking to a friend. The person is real and does not try to be the guru in writing. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of well written, informational blogs out there and I do benefit from them. However, when I am looking for something fun to read on freelance writing, I enjoy people who are talking about their life as a freelance writer.

New Material

Many blogs talk about the same things and although it's nice to hear other people's opinions, I enjoy reading about things I haven't read about before.

Colorful and Attractive

I am a judge a book by its cover kind of person. I love blogs that are nice looking. They keep me interested and it's pleasing to the eyes.
Surveys

Surveys are great because it gives people information about others without divulging people's names. Surveys such as, "How much do you write in a day?" or "How much do you charge…?" are always interesting.

Freelance Writing Jobs

Okay, I will admit, I do like blogs that post jobs. Have to make a living somehow, right? So yes, I will visit blogs posting freelance writing jobs.

Well, that's my list. What do you look for in a blog?

No comments:

 
Serenity Blogger Template