Monday, March 3, 2008

Did you Reach your Writing Goal Today?

After starting my day on not a very motivated step, I have accomplished everything I wanted to today AND watched a little TV with my husband. You must think I watch a lot of TV since I have already mentioned it three times. Yes, I am a trash TV junkie, can't fight the addiction.

Anyway, in the beginning of the week, I write down everything I would like to get done that week. Then each day (usually before I turn in or first thing in the morning), I write down what I want to accomplish in that day. I only write down what I feel is a manageable goal and will still get me to where I want to be by Friday.

If I get what I need done early in a day (that is a GREAT day) I either take a break or I keep going so I can take a break later (depending on how I feel). So far, I really like my system. It keeps me motivated and gets my work done. If I have a day like the other day in which I get a migraine or other illness, I just have to rearrange my schedule to accommodate. It means, of course, I have to do more work the following days. As long as I can keep my head above water, I am good to go.

Lesson #2 Keep a Schedule

Lesson number two for today is to make a schedule. It will keep you on track, motivated and will help you prepare for the unexpected.

No comments:

 
Serenity Blogger Template